Instructor Pre-requisites (updated 2016)
1. Master Scuba Diver Trainer Instructor, or higher
2. Full Face Mask PADI Distinctive Instructor Certification
3. Dry Suit Instructor Certification
4. Any three of the following PADI Instructor ratings:
a. Search and Recovery
b. Night Diver
c. Limited Visibility
d. Emergency Oxygen Provider
e. Underwater Navigation
5. Current EFR Instructor or qualifying equivalent
6. Current Medical
7. (No longer valid)
8. Minimum 1 year PSD experience
9. 20 missions or 10 missions and 10 PSD certs.
10. ICS (Incident Command System) training Level II (200). It is free and available online through FEMA website (NIMS – National Incident Management System). You can simply send a copy of your diploma.
1. Public Safety Diver Instructor Guide
2. Lesson Guides
3. Specialized forms and Checklists for use during class and diving operations in the field.
1. PADI Advanced and Rescue Diver or qualifying equivalent certification;
2. 18 years old;
3. Proof of affiliation/employment with a public safety team
4. Any ancillary courses necessary to carry out public safety diving in the local area (dry suit, full face mask, etc.)